Easy Glass Smart is designed for super-quick installation. Thanks to the handy Q-disc System in the base shoe of the glass balustrade, mounting is very straightforward. But with these additional tips from our installer, you will find it becomes even easier!
After securing a base shoe to the floor, you place Q-disc inlays into it and position a section of glass on them. Next, you insert Q-discs into the inlays and use the Q-disc tool to tighten them so that the glass is held tightly. That is it!
Top tips Keen to break your speed record for installation of the Easy Glass Smart glass balustrade? Try out these 5 tips from our installer:
1. How do you place an inlay every 250 mm without a tape measure to hand?
Use the top of a Q-disc inlay (= 250 mm) for spacing between each inlay.
2. How can you be sure that you have attached the Q-disc correctly?
You should hear a ‘click’ when you insert the Q-disc into the inlay. The click confirms that the Q-disc is correctly attached.
3. What is the proper way to use the Q-disc tool?
Make sure you place the Q-disc tool into the opening on the Q-disc so that it is inserted all the way up to the notches on the tool. You can then tighten the disc by turning the tool to the right.
4. How much force should you apply when tightening the Q-disc?
Take a light hold on the Q-disc tool and push it gently to the right without using any real pressure. Then, complete the tightening process with a torque wrench.
5. Can you demonstrate the assembly process for me? Yes. In this workshop video our installer shows you exactly how assembly works. In addition, check out our assembly videos for Easy Glass Smart top mount and fascia mount.
Got a tip about Easy Glass Smart or one of our other products? Why not share it? Email us at email@example.com or get in touch via Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter to benefit from exclusive offers, product updates and best practices.